Blended learning is an approach to education that combines online educational materials and opportunities for interaction online with traditional place-based classroom methods. It requires the physical presence of both teacher and student, with some elements of student control over time, place, path, or pace.
Paxen Publishing offers the only truly blended program available from 0.0 through 12.9. Paxen Focus, our on-line learning resource paired with our Steck Vaughn book series covers grades 0.0-12.9 offers comprehensive instruction and practice.
Paxen Focus can be used as a stand-alone solution or in a blended learning environment. The Steck Vaughn books are the core of Paxen Focus, so it is quick and easy to maneuver between print and online without missing a beat.
Paxen Focus and the Paxen Steck Vaughn Books provide Teachers with:
- Lessons that provide focused and efficient instruction
- Lessons follow the Learn-Practice-Apply instructional sequence where content builds across lessons to support the introduction of more complex topics
- Content aligned to College and Career Readiness and testing standards
- Real-time monitoring of students’ performance, skill mastery, and time on task, letting you diagnose and remediate problem areas
- Customizable teacher-driven software…add your own content, links, or videos
- Teacher Support/Professional Development
Paxen Focus and the Paxen Steck Vaughn Books provide Students with:
- Flexible learning…anywhere, anytime, to fit adult learner’ schedules
- Individualized learning paths based on formative assessments
- Online courses with audio, video, and interactive content developed specifically for adult learners
- Callouts, learning strategies, test-taking tips, and guided practice items aid learners in the development of close reading and strategic thinking skills
- Resources for Spanish speakers